Are you due to go into hospital soon to have your baby? With the help of the lovely mama’s on my Facebook page I have come up with a top 10 of things to include in your bag or you can watch the video above. For the full list pop over to FB as there wasn’t room to include them all!
1. Snacks and drinks. Cartons with straws, flat energy drinks- basically anything that is easy to drink while you are in labour and will give you energy. Bottled water (can freeze in advance so stays cold!) Lots of snacks for you and your birth partner.
2. Big pants and big pads. Pants that are enormous (so if you have a c section they will still be comfy) and that can be thrown away afterwards (for obvious reasons!). Plenty of these and large sanitary towels too!
3. A towel from home (dark coloured). Again I don’t need to tell you why!
4. Several pairs of pj’s, a light dressing gown, slippers and flip flops (for the shower) and nursing bra’s.
5. Ear plugs and an eye mask for the ward. Labour wards can be noisy places and an eye mask will make it easier to nap during the day if you need to.
6. Camera, phone and charger (watch the video for what not to do with your phone!!)
7. Pillow from home. It’s so nice to have your own pillow!
8. Toiletries inc face wipes, dry shampoo, anything that makes life easier and quicker.
9. Lip balm and bobbles.
10. A few of each thing for baby, extras can be brought if needed.
Dont forget to pack early, as your baby might arrive early too! Good luck. Let us know below if there is anything you found invaluable in your hospital bag. Share this post with a friend if you think they might find it useful.