Mama Designs turns 11 next week, so I thought it would be a good idea to share a blog post with ideas to mark your business birthday!
However old your business is, you will probably want to mark the anniversary of your starting your business. If you don’t then you need a kick up the bum as you really should be! It is the perfect time to do something and get some extra sales, publicity or just to have an opportunity to look back and be proud of what you have achieved.
Our 10th birthday last year we marked with a party for the influencers and brands who we love and who have been a part of our journey. Now I am not saying that you should have a party. It was the first time I had had one, but I did feel that 10 years deserved marking in a different way to previous birthdays. So other than a party, what can you do…
- A birthday giveaway – team up with some of your favourite brands to celebrate by giving a bundle of prizes away. Giveaways mean that you are driving brand awareness through all of the brands that you get involved.
- A birthday offer – you could create a birthday discount code to drive sales on your big day. Make it valid for 24 hours only. Ask your friends, other brands and influencers to share it. Chances are they will anyway, as it’s your birthday!
- Create some social media content. Buy some cake, eat some cake, hold a big balloon… with your colleagues, your friends, your family…
- Send out birthday packs to influencers or bloggers who have been part of your journey. I did this when we turned 5 and sent out goodies (sweets, party poppers, balloons etc) and they all posted to say Happy Birthday to us. The idea being that they all had a mini party on our behalf.
- Blog posts. Write a blog reflecting on the year and thanking your customers for being part of it. Share your post on social media and via your newsletter.
- Create a limited edition product. This is prob not for every birthday but certainly something to consider for the big birthday milestones. Be sure to organise very early so that it is ready for your birthday!
- Ask for birthday shout outs from your business buddies/ brands you are friends with. Chances are the ones who are close to you will do this anyway but it doesn’t hurt to ask!!
- Make a video (for your stories or IGTV) telling everyone its your birthday and thanking them for their likes, comments and purchases. Remember you could not do it without them and it is always nice to acknowledge this!
That is it for now. I would love to hear how you celebrated your business birthday? xx